unlimited domain web hosting
Discussion forums relating to Web Design and Development
How to change nameservers at Enom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Web Design and Development Community Forum Index -> Domain Names
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dude
New User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: How to change nameservers at Enom Reply with quote

Can anyone help me with how to change my domain's nameservers? What are nameservers anyway? My domain is registered at Enom and when I click for help, I get nothing Sad

The Dude welcomes your help, and thanks.
Mat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: How to change nameservers in your Enom account Reply with quote

Hi Dude and welcome to the forums.

Firstly, the reason that you may not be getting any of the help pages at Enom is because you have a pop up blocker running. You would need to allow pop ups while clicking on the help link.

How to change nameservers at Enom

Okay, now you need to be logged into your Enom account. Position your cursor over Domains in the menu bar near the top, and select my domains from the drop down menu.

You'll now see a list of domains in your Enom account. Click on the domain name that you wish to change nameservers for.

On the next page, you will see a section titled DNS SERVER. In that section, there is a button called Change, click on that button.

On the next page, you must select the checkbox called user and then click on the save changes button.

On the next page, you are presented with 4 input boxes. In the top two, marked Name Server 1 and Name Server 2, you need to enter the following ...

In the input box marked Name Server 1: put the following (exactly as written in blue) ~ ns1.everymanhosting.com

In the input box marked Name Server 2: put the following (exactly as written in blue) ~ ns2.everymanhosting.com

You leave the other two blank.

Now click on the button called save changes.

You are now sent back to the page with the DNS SERVER section, and you will see the two nameservers as above in that section.

All done Wink

Mat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Multiple Domain Hosting Plans ~ Domain Name Registration ~ Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: