unlimited domain web hosting
Discussion forums relating to Web Design and Development
Lost email password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Web Design and Development Community Forum Index -> eMail and Webmail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaison
New User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Lost email password Reply with quote

Hi

I have lost, or forgotten Sad, one of my email account passwords. Is it possible for you to retrieve it for me?

Thanks,

Jaison.
Rebecca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we cannot retrieve any passwords used for email or cPanel access. They are heavily encrypted and locked away, so if you lose either you have to change them (in the case of a lost cPanel password we would change it for you and then request that you change it again to something you'd prefer).

In the case of email account passwords, you must change that yourself from within the email section of cPanel, but don't forget to also change the password in whatever email program you use for POP3.

Sorry about that Jaison, but if we had access to your passwords, it could be a compromise of security. If you need help with changing the password, please contact support or let me know here Smile

Jaison
New User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rebecca, but its ok, I can change the password (done it already actually).

Thanks for your help though

Smile
Mat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so no one panics in the case of a lost control panel password, we can change anyone's control panel password for them should they forget it, but again we cannot retrieve their existing password.

Thought I had better mention that Wink

Mat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Multiple Domain Hosting Plans ~ Domain Name Registration ~ Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: